As a dry skin struggler myself, I am constantly trying to keep my skin hydrated no matter what climate I’m in. The truth is, it can be really difficult to do this because –
- Office air conditioning dries your skin out
- The climate in Australia saps moisture out of everything
- No moisturisers seem to work for more than a few hours
But I do manage to keep my skin glowing even though I struggle with it, so the question is – how?! Allow me to introduce you to my secret –
Yes, the Lux Aestiva gypsy oil is my secret weapon and ever since we put it in our August Pamper Club box, I’ve been hooked.
Here’s why oils work for keeping your skin hydrated
- They’re lipophilic which means they’ll dissolve other oils on and in your skin (this makes them perfect for cleaning your skin).
- They’re occlusive moisturisers which means they keep moisture inside your skin while at the same time stopping other dirt and toxins in.
How do I start using an oil?
I filmed a video showing exactly how to do this today –
Or if you’re more of a reader, here are the step-by-step instructions –
- Start with a clean base – wash your skin, have a shower or splash your face with water
- Grab your oil – we recommend the Lux Aestiva gypsy oil as it’s lightweight on your skin and a safe way to get started with using oils if you haven’t before.
- Warm the oil up in your hands – Drop 5-6 drops into your hands, rub your hands together to warm up the oil and spread it evenly, then smooth it on your face
- Add more oil if you need – Usually, I find 5-6 drops isn’t enough oil to do a proper oil cleanse. You want enough oil on your face that you have no friction as your massaging the oil around your face for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove the oil – Run a clean hand-towel under hot water, wring it out, then wipe the towel over your face. Repeat if you still have oil on your face.
But won’t it make my skin oily?
Now, you might be thinking “there’s no way I’m putting oil on my face, it’ll make me oily!” I thought the same thing, but here’s why it won’t:
- The Lux Aestiva Gypsy Oil is made from grapeseed oil, which is lightweight, spreadable and the perfect oil to start with if you’ve never used it before.
- You can control how much oil you put on your face, so if you are feeling a little nervous about it, keep the amount small and go from there.
I’m finding the more oil I use, the more I want to use it because it just makes my skin feel incredible and I had to share it with you ladies too.
If you’ve been struggling with hydration, I know this is going to set your skin a-glow because it’s worked so well for mine. Today, we’re launching the Lux Aestiva oil as part of our online store to help as many women as we can benefit from this beautiful and effective product too.
Let’s get your skin looking it’s best ever
For the next 24 hours, you can save 10% on Lux Aestiva Gypsy Oil.
- Lightweight oil
- Infused with rose petals
- See results with your skin immediately after use.
Use GLOW10 at checkout to redeem
I’ve set up a discount code as well for our loyal blog readers. You can use GLOW10 at checkout to save on your new secret skin weapon.
I can’t wait to hear about your results.